Wednesday, April 5th 2023
PUBG Patch 23.1: Exciting New Changes Coming Your Way!
Get ready, PUBG fans! The developers have just released the details for the newest update, Patch 23.1, and we're here to give you the rundown on everything you need to know. With new features, balance changes, and more, this update promises to bring a fresh experience to the battlegrounds.
Live Maintenance Schedule
First up, let's talk about when this patch is going live. Keep in mind that these times are subject to change:
- PDT: April 11, 5:00 PM - April 12, 1:30 AM
- CEST: April 12, 2:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- KST: April 12, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- PDT: April 19, 6 PM - April 20, 2 AM
- CEST: April 20, 3 AM - 11 AM
- KST: April 20, 10 AM - 6 PM
Note: Features and updates may change or be removed due to issues such as bugs, in-game problems, and community feedback. The images used are intended as visual references only; the actual game may look different as the builds are continually developed and refined before release.
Normal Match Updates
Normal Matches are getting some significant changes affecting Erangel, Miramar, Taego, and Deston. Here's a quick summary of what to expect:
- Blue Zone Phases 1 to 3 will be similar to Ranked's and slightly faster than before.
- More items will spawn overall, including main AR, DMR, SR weapons, helmets, vests, backpacks, and scopes.
- Motor Gliders have been added to Taego, Vikendi, and Deston.
- More vehicles will spawn overall, with an increased spawn rate for major vehicles such as four-wheelers.
- Some vehicles will spawn at fixed locations.
- Plane routes and final circle locations have been adjusted to match Ranked's.
The developers have recognized the disparity between Normal Matches and Ranked due to differences in rulesets. They aim to make it easier for players to adapt between the two modes by adjusting the fundamental ruleset, decreasing playtime during the early phase in Normal Matches while increasing the overall spawn of items and vehicles. They will also sustain existing content exclusive to Normal Matches to continue providing opportunities for experimentation and enjoyment.
Ranked Season 23
Here's what you can look forward to in Ranked Season 23:
- Deston has been added to the map pool.
- The number of players has been set to 64, and the weather is Sunny.
- The Red Zone, Security Keys, and Tactical Gear will not be available.
- Fixed vehicle spawn spots have been added.
- The O12 and MP9 are available.
- The leaderboard will reset after the Live Server maintenance.
- Check out your final Tier from the previous season through your Career page.
Season 22 Rewards
You'll receive rewards based on your final Tier from the previous Ranked season. Here's what you can expect:
- Bronze: Bronze PUBG ID Emblem
- Silver: Silver PUBG ID Emblem
- Gold: Gold PUBG ID Emblem, Ranked Parachute Skin
- Platinum: Animated Platinum PUBG ID Emblem, Ranked Parachute Skin, Platinum Medal
- Diamond: Animated Diamond PUBG ID Emblem, Ranked Parachute Skin, Platinum, Diamond Medal
- Master: Animated Master PUBG ID Emblem, Animated Master Nameplate, Ranked Parachute Skin, Platinum, Diamond, Master Medal
- Top 500: Bonus rewards for Top 500 players: Top 500 PUBG ID Emblem, Top 500 Nameplate
Ranked Point System Changes
The developers have made adjustments to the Ranked Point System to create a better experience for players:
- Kill Points will now have a higher impact on your overall Ranked Points.
- Assist Points will also contribute to your overall Ranked Points.
- Win Points will have slightly less impact on your overall Ranked Points.
These changes aim to create a more balanced ranking experience, rewarding players who contribute to their team's success through kills and assists while still emphasizing the importance of achieving high placement.
Weapon Balance Changes
Patch 23.1 brings several weapon balance changes, aimed at making the overall gameplay more enjoyable and competitive. Here's a summary of the most significant changes:
- Reduced horizontal recoil of the O12 shotgun.
- Slightly increased the bullet speed of the MP9.
- Adjusted the spawn rate of the new weapons to ensure a proper balance.
- Reduced the damage drop-off range for the QBU DMR.
- Slightly increased the spawn rate of Level 3 gear.
The weapon balance changes in this patch are designed to address feedback from the community and to fine-tune the balance of new and existing weapons. The developers are committed to continually improving the gameplay experience and will be monitoring the effects of these changes closely.
Quality of Life Improvements
This update also includes numerous quality of life improvements:
- A new feature allowing players to adjust their scope sensitivity on a per-scope basis.
- Improved the sound of footsteps on certain surfaces.
- Improved character animations when vaulting and climbing.
- Addressed issues with certain buildings and objects not rendering properly.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in certain map locations.
- Resolved issues with weapon skins not being applied correctly.
- Addressed various other minor bugs and glitches.
Patch 23.1 is shaping up to be an exciting update for PUBG, with numerous changes and improvements that will surely enhance the overall gameplay experience. Make sure to keep an eye on the maintenance schedule and get ready to dive back into the battlegrounds with these fantastic new additions!
Happy hunting, and see you on the battlefield!